In the video below, a Weingartz expert demonstrates how to tension the chain on a chainsaw. Please refer to your owner’s manual for detailed safety procedures.
- Locate the nuts that hold the bar to the saw
- Loosen the nuts
- Locate the adjusting screw for the chain rate in center of the two nuts
- Tighten the screw to adjust the chain
- Use slight pressure while adjusting chain so that the drive links slightly come out of the bar and groove itself
- Hold the bar up and tighten the nuts
- Make sure the chain spins freely
- Check the braking mechanism
Need parts for your chainsaw? Click here to use our easy parts lookup.
Weingartz, family owned and operated, began in 1945 as a farm supply store for local Michigan families. In the 1970s, we began to focus exclusively on outdoor power equipment. Over time, we morphed into the “power equipment superstore” that now defines all of our locations. The staff and experts at Weingartz work diligently to provide the best service possible and give honest and helpful advice to each and every customer.
Weingartz also sells parts for all outdoor power equipment at https://weingartz.com/parts-lookup.
6585 Dixie Hwy.
Clarkston, MI 48346
Connect With Us!
Sign up for our electronic monthly newsletter for discounts and money-saving tips.